Royal Performing Group (皇室表演组) 现场LIVE!


Monday, January 3, 2011

Recording. . .

The Royal has almost completed our recording of our EP. Only Celin has not recording and i kinda listened to her song arrangement and she was quite nervous about it.

It reminded me of myself before stepping into the studio.

Joanne was the first to step into the studio. She recorded the song at the same time we had a performance at Echo Loft. Before the recording at work, she kept MSN-ing me, saying : " I so nervous. . .  I so scared. . .  I shaking all over. . . " I kept comforting her, trying to calm her down. I wished that i could go and support her and be there for her, but as we had a performance, we could only " gambateh " on different venues. William also mentioned to us before we went over that if we are recording the same compilation album, we cannot be in the studio the same time one of us is recording, as this is a " rule of the trade ".

When we went over to the studio, she has just finished her recording and we were just in time to listen to the draft song ( as the mixing was not done yet, the songs will be quite raw ). As i hear her song, a mixed feeling came over me at that point. I felt so proud of her as the song was really great, and so great that the feel of the song touched me so much. . .  It may sound a little mild to herself, but to me, the feelings are so strong!!!

On the next day, it was my turn... haha. I was so nervous at work and it was my turn to feel anxious! When i stepped into the studio, i was lost... or rather, " lost " was an understatement! I tried to recall how William coached me on the song and how to get more into the feel of the song, but i was really anxious in the beginning. I stepped into the recording room and the world seemed so small and cramped. . .

But thank God for Stephen and Xin Rui, i slowly calmed down and completed the song. It was a great learning experience for me and they coached me and discussed with me on how the song is to be produced. Slowly, i felt a little more relaxed. But i did come to a point where i could not put in more 'feel' into the song and then, Elson to the rescue!!!

When Elson and William walked in, i cramped up again, as the song was writted by the both of them and the pressure suddenly shot to a high! I was so afraid at that point of time, but they calmed me down and gave me confidence. Elson coached me there and then while William took the rest away for a while for the recording to be completed.

When the signal for " OK " was given, i IMMEDIATELY slumped to the ground. It was like all the energy was pulled out of me and i walked like a zombie out of the recording room. Everyone crowded in to listen to the draft and although the performing group commented that it was ok. I actually wanted to ask Elson and William, but i could not muster up the courage to ask. . .

The next day was Micka's and as Joanne and i recorded for a period of like close to 4 hours, Micka started at 630pm and he said he will take some time, so i reached the coffeeshop below the studio at 845pm and order dinner. Before the food came, Stephen SMSed me to say that the recording is completed! i quickly swallowed my food and rushed up with Joanne to listen to the draft and i must say, it was simply great! The feel of the song was not something i have heard from Micka before and i actually had goosebumps while listening to it! No wonder he is the ACE of the performing group!

I really liked the feel of the song and the way he brought it out. It sounded so heartbreaking that i could not believe that someone whom has never being in love could bring out the feelings that he did! OMG! Joanne and I were really touched and i felt so proud of him! I am glad to have a fellow performer like him in the family and i will never wanna trade anyone else for him, or for any of my Royal Family Members for that matter!

I know that the entire family is behind me whenever I perform and when I was in the studio also. The bond between us is strong and Royal family and fans are what pushes me along and gives me strength! Thank you all for the support!

Well, next up is Celin and I will definately update the blog again once her recording is done. I am really looking forward to it and I am very sure that she will do very well! I will also put photos once i have them from William and i kinda could not wait! Jia You, Celin! The whole family and fans are behind you!

For now, it will end this blog entry, but once i have updates on Celin's recording, i will post it! Do keep yourself updated ya? :)

Regards,
Peter Ng